Tonja S. O’Neill
Experienced Professional with Natural Teaching Ability
Competencies in Computer Science, Math, Speech and Business
High School Teacher-Relevant Professional Experience
- 20 Years in Software Development; Programming, Management, and Business Ownership
- 14 Years Professional Speaking & Training in areas of Public Speaking, Business, and Leadership
- Ability to connect with diverse groups and individuals to help them reach their unique potential
- iTeachTexas Teaching Certification Program, Core Modules Completed, Eligible to Teach
- Master of Business Administration, University of Texas at Austin (UTA), 2003
- Institute for Managerial Leadership Graduate, Business School & College of Engineering, UTA, 2001
- Bachelor of Science, Computer Science with Minor in Math, Texas A&M University, 1988
TEA Content Area Tests Passed:
- 7-12 Speech
- 8-12 Computer Science
- 8-12 Technology Applications
- 7-12 Mathematics
Awards and Certifications
- Distinguished Toastmaster, Toastmasters International, 2008
- MBTI Licensed Practitioner, 2007
- 17+ Speech Competition Awards, 2005-2006
- George Kozmetsky Award for Outstanding Academic Achievement, Red McCombs School of Business, UTA, 2003.
- Insights LLC Accredited Associate and Trainer, 2003
Founder, Principal, Professional Trainer, Soverex, Inc., Austin, TX
2001 – Present
- Interviewing and Professional Communication Workshops for KIPP & Breakthrough HS Seniors.
- Academic Training for UT’s Informal Classes, TIEC, McCombs BCC, HRC, & Seminary of the SW
- Consultation for Executives, Professional Speakers, Business Owners, & other high-visibility persons.
- Custom Group Training & Consultation for high-tech, medical, state, finance, retail, consulting industries
- Keynotes, Seminars, & Facilitation for various non-profit & for-profit organizations
Founder, Chief Executive Officer, Business Consultant, Soverex, Inc., Austin, TX
2001 – 2008
- Recovered client’s key customer and firm’s reputation resulting in 18% revenue increase.
- Re-aligned critical business components and facilitated development of new business lines for client.
- Salvaged $12 million project; organized and aligned multiple remote software teams and managers.
- Identified operational improvements for 20% increase in net income to return startup to profitability.
Co-Founder, Chief Development Officer, Merinta, Inc., Austin, TX
1999 – 2001
- Built top-performing engineering organization from ground; 100% success rate in technology delivery.
- Successfully managed 1st commercially available Linux-based IA product from concept to launch.
VP Engineering, Boundless Technologies, Inc., Hauppauge, NY and Austin, TX
1999 – 2000
- Headed design and development of leading remote management software for thin client networks.
- Successfully managed remote engineering teams while architecting new product line for spin-off.
Director of Engineering, Boundless Technologies, Inc., Hauppauge, NY and Austin, TX
1998 – 1999
- Led software development for 2nd-largest worldwide mfg of text terminal and thin client solutions.
- Directed implementation and delivery of product lines generating $85 million in sales.